|Lake Havasu City
Horizon Community Bank (HCB) has an immediate need for a SBA Underwriter/Analyst at its main office located in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. The successful applicant's primary role will be to facilitate the credit analysis and underwriting function of all government guaranteed loans. This position will act in a lead role for the SBA Department and is responsible for coordinating all activities related to the credit approval process of government guaranteed loans funded by HCB. This position reports directly to the SVP/SBA Department Manager and will work under minimal supervision.
You will be working in a growing, fast paced community bank environment. Duties include assist with credit decisions on Government loan and business banking loan applications for new and existing commercial customers. Analyze, assess, and document the critical components of a credit decision. Spread financial statements, identify primary credit issues, and prepare an accurate, concise, focused underwriting document incorporating financial, business, industry, and risk analysis.
- Prepare high-quality, detailed credit approval documents that contain an in-depth analysis and an understanding and identification of credit issues and risks.
- Prepare and decision loan requests within established time lines in accordance with the Bank’s Loan Policy and procedures.
- Consult with SVP/SBA Department Manager to recommend proper loan structuring that limits risk to the Bank.
- Spread and interpret financial statements, tax returns and projections.
- Order and review third-party reports, appraisals and valuations (real estate, equipment, business, etc.) as required.
- Work closely with Management to support efforts to meet lending goals and objectives.
- Maintain a satisfactory level of customer service to all (internal and external customers) and maintain satisfactory level of communication with all partners.
- Adhere to all compliance requirements established by Bank, including timely completion of online compliance training modules.
- Assist all partners (closing, portfolio, operations) in the closing and booking of commercial loans. Assist in all projects assigned that help improve and streamline the credit delivery process.
- Reviews the official SBA authorization and loan agreement for accuracy and to ensure the terms and conditions correspond with the approved credit authorization.
- Prepares preliminary review of executed loan documents; disburses loan proceeds, and prepares boarding sheets.
- 3-5 years SBA loan underwriting or commercial loan underwriting experience, to include processing and closing duties.
- Must possess strong credit and organizational skills, be able to meet deadlines, work well in pressure situations and possess advanced communication skills – listening, written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of SBA and USDA B&I policies, procedures and regulations.
- Organized, detail oriented and has the ability to complete multiple tasks effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize work and perform under limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience with Jack Henry and SBA software platforms helpful.
- College degree in accounting, economics or finance preferred.
- Ability to work well with co-workers at all levels of the organization.
- Commercial lending experience and working in a community bank environment a plus.
Mail resume to: 225 N. Lake Havasu Avenue, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403